Sunday 20 April 2008

Around Arnish

And that is purely the area around the lighthouse and the Fabrication Yard, nothing personal regarding this blogger.

Last Friday afternoon, I went for an amble from the Fabrication Yard to the lighthouse - I hope the sheep that was entangled in fencing wire at the lighthouse was tended to. Afterwards, I went over to Tob Leireabhat, a small inlet about a mile south of the Fabrication Yard. Very pretty. I visited it in 2005, at a time when I made more frequent forays into the island's interior. Here are some pics.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Arnish Lighthouse"]Arnish Lighthouse[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Keeper`s Cottage"]Keeper's Cottage[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Fabrication Yard"]Fabrication Yard[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Sandwick and the Old Beacon"]Sandwick and the Old Beacon[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Loch Buaile Bhig"]Loch Buaile Bhig[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Abhainn Leireabhat"]Abhainn Leireabhat[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Tob Leireabhat"]Tob Leireabhat[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Between Arnish and Tob Leireabhat"]Between Arnish and Tob Leireabhat[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Outer Tob Leireabhat"]Outer Tob Leireabhat[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. "I thought you'd be a bit taller..."

    Flying Cat from only slightly disappointed

    "Arnish, I once phoned a crofter, because a tubby little lambie was caught by his horns in my fencing, and was told that if you get them out, they only go and do it again ... This does seem to be true ... But this little lambie was there for a full day and a half, and I *had* to go out and try to help ... His cries had been stopping me from sleeping ... :-) He almost strangled himself in his fight to get away from me, and I ended up with quite a few pinches and bruises on my hands, but eventually he went on his way ... hopefully not to do it again ...!"

    soaplady from surrounded by sheep and fencing ...

    "Soaplady, Efforts were made to disentangle the sheep from the fencing - plastic interlaced with copper wiring, could have been hooked up to a car battery. The fencing was wrapped tightly around the beast's neck. The issue was reported to authorities. "

    Arnish Lighthouse from Stornoway

    ReplyDelete