This is the formal severe weather warning out for the Western Isles for Saturday night. Looks like a near-repeat of the hurricane we endured four years ago, almost to the day. Please take care if you're in the islands.
- Comhairle nan Eilean Siar and Northern Constabulary are monitoring weather conditions in the Outer Hebrides as high winds are expected tomorrow night through to Sunday morning.
- Drivers are urged to exercise caution.
- Mainly Southerly winds of up to 80-90mph are predicted during the overnight period and particularly around midnight.
- High tide will also occur around midnight.
- If the weather becomes severe, people are advised to stay indoors and not travel. Loose objects lying around in gardens etc. should be put away or secured.
- Neighbours and friends may wish to check that elderly people are okay.
- Bus services could be subject to alterations on Saturday night.
- The Comhairle and the Police will continue to monitor the situation and further information will be issued as appropriate through the media.