Saturday, 27 February 2010

Information wanted

Able Seaman DONALD MURDO MACIVER
Domhnull Angie Iain Choinnich

Last address in Lewis: Lochganvich
Son of Angus Lewis MacIver and Marion MacIver, of Stornoway, Isle of Lewis.
Service: Royal Naval Reserve
Service number: LT/JX400546
Date of death: 5 July 1944 at the age of 20
Lost off Harwich when HMT Ganilly was sunk by U-390
Memorial: Lowestoft Naval, panel 14, column 2
Mentioned on family gravestone in Crossbost Cemetery, Lewis
Local memorial: North Lochs, Crossbost

Alison MacRae from Canada had the following question on the World War II Tribute for Lewis:

On doing research on the family's homestead in Lochganvich I was very surprised to see this of my relation Donald Murdo Maciver. Was trying to find out more, it said drowned of Harwich, but he was on a Normandy convoy. Looked up the Lowestoft Naval Panel and found his name listed. Are they are any relations still up in the Isle of Lewis. My grandfather was Donald (Daniel) Maciver married to Ann Macintosh, my mother's name was Rachell. Mum married a Samuel Rennie in Glasgow and then we moved to Canada.

11 comments:

  1. I've been checking your site site for any despite the fact that now, appears to be like everyday I study one thing new :-) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that site soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What a super web-site. I obtained here by situation, as a result of my friend's web log. I like your texts. They're absolutely exciting. And I'm pondering if I could use a component of your texts in my time period peper. Please write me again if I can. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really good luck together with your weblog! you won me as being a follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. great good…this post deserves nothing …hahaha just joking :P …nice publish :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate another informative site. Where else could I recieve that kind of information written in this type of perfect way? I've a project that i'm just now focusing on, and I've been looking for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. vnqtariub http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is really boring and you are skipping to another comment, but I simply desired to throw a big thanks - you fixed some things for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep listening to the news speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one.:)

    ReplyDelete